Friday, August 29, 2008

Got Glass?

Lisa Atchison: My most favorite Glass Bead Designer

Over the past year I had the pleasure of befriending one of the most talented glass bead designers that I have ever seen, and that is saying quite a bit as much time as I spend on the Internet! Her name is Lisa Atchison and she is the owner and creator of Touch Of Glass Designs. Rather than read a bunch of blabber from me, I am just going to post an excerpt from her web site and show you this photo as a teaser. There are TOO MANY beautiful beads that she has created for me to list, so please visit Touch of Glass Designs and see all of her amazing creations for yourself!

Lisa writes:

"I have always been in love with art glass. Among my fondest childhood memories are trips to the hobby store with my parents where they would let me pick a new glass figurine from the showcase. Today, I collect glass flower frogs, and my home is decorated with antique Depression glass and contemporary fused pieces.

In 2003, not long after discovering handmade beads and artistic jewelry, I entered the world of lampworking and never looked back. My artistic philosophy is simple: To me, they are just beads, and they are just glass until somebody owns them and they bring them pleasure - only then do they become art. With the natural world as my inspiration, I constantly and purposefully build my skills to enhance my creations.

I have studied lampworking with some of the finest instructors including Kate Fowle Meleny, Larry Scott, Michael Barley, Andrea Guarino-Slemmons, Trey Cornette and Brent Graber. I have recently began teaching beginning lampworking. I am an active member of the Indiana Bead Society (IBS) and Indiana Society of Lampwork and Art Glass Artists (ISLAGA).

Lampworking and jewelry design have brought me much joy including meeting wonderful people and forging new friendships that will last a lifetime.

Aside from lampworking and my other hobby - photography - I work full time for an engineering firm in Indianapolis. I have been married to my best friend and biggest supporter, Steve, since 1983. We have a daughter of whom I'm very proud who loves the "bead benefits".

Thanks so much for your interest.
Sincerely,
Lisa"

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Started as a hobby, Isabella's Beads is owned and operated by me, Mariealena Calabrese. After realizing that beading was more of a passion rather than just a hobby, I wanted to share my creations with everyone. I recently gave birth to my first child, my daughter Isabella Rose. I started Isabella's Beads with the hope that when she grows older she will have a successful, reputable business for herself. One thing I pride myself on is the fact that I am committed to outstanding customer service. 100% satisfaction is guaranteed! I hope you enjoy your jewelry as much as I enjoy making it.