Sunday, February 22, 2009

Arts & Crafts!

Arts and Crafts day with a 2 year old...HOW FUN!!!! It's one of those days where I almost wanted to commit myself to an institution, but at the same time I couldn't imagine myself doing anything else, if that makes any sense.



Isabella and I had our first real Arts and Crafts day. I bought a plaster of paris kit to make her tiny hand print along with some decorations. She painted really well at first, adhering to the idea of using only her brush and the paints. She started off painting the heart and star decorations.



After about 10 minutes of intense concentration on those she was done. Slowly she moved on to painting the paper towel, then the table, and then she moved to painting herself, which was phenomenal!



After she was bored with that, she tried to paint the cat. That's where I drew the line (poor Mimi). I helped her decorate and even added some wire and jewelry embellishments for her. Here is our finished project...



This was by far one of the best days we have had together and I can't wait to start another project with her. Most of my sisters think I am insane for trying this with a 2 year old, and perhaps I am, but I haven't had that much fun in a long time :)

1 comment:

Lori Smith said...

Oh how sweet! I used to do that stuff with my nephews all the time! They're never too young!

About Me

My photo
Started as a hobby, Isabella's Beads is owned and operated by me, Mariealena Calabrese. After realizing that beading was more of a passion rather than just a hobby, I wanted to share my creations with everyone. I recently gave birth to my first child, my daughter Isabella Rose. I started Isabella's Beads with the hope that when she grows older she will have a successful, reputable business for herself. One thing I pride myself on is the fact that I am committed to outstanding customer service. 100% satisfaction is guaranteed! I hope you enjoy your jewelry as much as I enjoy making it.