Friday, February 13, 2009

Well it's been an interesting 2 weeks to say the least. My Tungsten lights blew out so I have no adequate light in which to photograph my jewelry until the new lights arrive. We had a wind storm that blew out the electric so we had to take ourselves, along with our 2 children (one is 2 years old and the other is 2 months old) to the Country Buffet for dinner the other night. Two pieces of the aluminum on one of the roof peaks blew off in that storm so now we have to replace the the aluminum on all THREE peaks so that it matches. The material isn't much but the labor is where they get you, obviously.

I did have a few good things happen too, though. I bought a new camera so hopefully that will aid in better pictures for the future. Today was a first for me. Some of you might be able to sympathize with my plight, but probably not. I created several pieces of jewelry with a 2 month old napping in an upright position on my lap. At this very moment I am typing my blog with one finger and the wrong hand because I am feeding him with the other! Listen...you gotta do what you gotta do.

I have a new collection of handmade bracelets that I will be adding to continuously. I call it the "Breakfast at Bella's" collection. These bracelets are all handmade sterling silver and they feature handmade glass charms made by Laurie of Mermaid Glass. She has my business for life. I LOVE these bracelets and the beads. I used sterling findings and Hill Tribes silver charms throughout
the design, and each one is different.


Also these Swarovski Crystal heart earrings were supposed to be for Valentine's Day, but again, camera and lighting issues prevented me from listing them sooner. Anyway, they are great to wear anytime obviously and they are now listed in the store.


We have introduced 5 new Guest Artists for the month of February. They are in no particular order: Alexsandra Gifford - aka Wild Pearly. Alexsandra makes the most amazing handbags I have ever seen. They are creative and vibrant, and you definitely need to check them out. They are all OOAK items and I promise you won't be disappointed. Here is an example of her work.

Next we have Connie Loyet of “Riverbed” creations. Here is another great artist who brings us unique gemstone and mineral pendants. Some of her beautiful creations are personally mined! Below is just an example of Connie’s work. Please click on the photo to view the item in the store as well as her other four offerings for a total of five showcased items!



Megan Huffaker of Tesoro Bella Jewelry is a 36-year-old stay-at-home mother with a Bachelor of Science degree with an emphasis in Genetics. Megan is joined in design, creation, and distribution by her sisters Becky, Katie, and Chris, by her nieces Kathryn (Kat) and Maddeline, by her parents Jay and Rosie, and by her close friend Kari. Please see a glimpse of what Megan has to offer below. Click on the picture to be taken to the store and explore some of Megan’s other wonderful creations!




Next is Manda Link of Manda Panda Creations. Her jewelry is as unique as her name. I know that you will just love her pieces. Above is one of my personal favorites from Manda’s submitted collection. Please click the photo to be taken to that item in the store, or just visit the store to view six more of Manda’s creations!


Jewelry Fetish is a relatively young business that grew out of three women's passions for custom made pieces. Those women are Teresa Ellens, Stephanie Ponius, and Jocelyn Walker. Please see just one of the many creations that they have to offer. Click on the photo to be taken to this item in the store and read more about it, or add it to your collection before someone else does!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What lovely work! It's exciting to see the new designers you showcase each week! Manda Panda Designs just joined the eSMArts (Social Marketing Artisans) team on Etsy, o fwhich I am also a member. AND, thank you again for featuring our work recently. Teri
http://www.SandTCreations.com/wordpress

About Me

My photo
Started as a hobby, Isabella's Beads is owned and operated by me, Mariealena Calabrese. After realizing that beading was more of a passion rather than just a hobby, I wanted to share my creations with everyone. I recently gave birth to my first child, my daughter Isabella Rose. I started Isabella's Beads with the hope that when she grows older she will have a successful, reputable business for herself. One thing I pride myself on is the fact that I am committed to outstanding customer service. 100% satisfaction is guaranteed! I hope you enjoy your jewelry as much as I enjoy making it.