Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Holiday Jewelry

If you are a busy person like me, you start your Christmas shopping early. (With a new baby coming, that has been absolutely necessary this year.) I have the most trouble deciding what to buy for the teenagers on my list.

With that in mind, I’ve been browsing my designs and found several beaded jewelry items that will appeal to the teens on your list. Beaded jewelry is especially “hot” this year.

Among my handmade beaded jewelry designs are several that are especially appropriate for the holiday season.

My Italian soul rejoices at the red, white and green colors of the Italian flag. But my Christmas cat’s-eye bracelet was actually designed with Christmas in mind.

Cat's Eye Christmas Bracelet

I used Grade A cat’s-eye beads in green and white. I like to use cat’s eye in my beaded jewelry because of its luster and depth. Here I combined cat’s-eye beads with red Swarovski® crystals for sparkle and sterling silver for added richness.

Like all of my beaded jewelry, each of my bracelets is made to order, so you can specify the correct wrist size.

I designed these snowman earrings for the young and the young at heart. I used two Grade A Freshwater pearls for the snowman’s body and Jet Swarovski Crystals for the hat. I added just enough magic to make them dangle delightfully, but not enough to make them run away like Frosty!

Pearly Snowman

As you may have guessed, I like to add a touch of whimsy to my beaded jewelry.

Remember that pearls need to be worn—it adds to their luster. Your teenager can wear these all through the winter season, and so can you.

These Swarovski Christmas tree earrings are also available with gold fill findings, and for a completely different look they will be available in white and gold crystal as well. Keep your eyes open for that new addition to Holiday jewelry in the next blog!

Swarovski Christmas

Also new this Holiday is this wonderful cat's eye Winter Wonderland bracelet made with Grade A cat's eye beads and decorated with sterling silver laser cut beads. For an added touch of winter, a sterling snowflake dangles near the clasp. Any sterling winter or Holiday charm can be substituted upon request.

Winter Wonderland

Ankle bracelets are especially fashionable for teenagers this year. I’ve made several using the amazing millefiori or “thousand flower” beads made in Murano, Italy. As on many of my beaded jewelry pieces, I’ve added sterling silver to accent the millefiori beads.

Beaded jewelry is a marvelous choice when you want jewelry both mother and daughter can wear. For a special gift, consider my “Siam Slider” cuff bracelet. I used Swarovski® crystal “butterfly” sliders accented with red Swarovski® bicones and sterling silver. It’s strung on memory wire so it will never lose its shape. Don’t be surprised if your teenager slips it on to wear with jeans—I do the very same thing!

I hope you’ll spend some time browsing my beaded jewelry. I’ll be making more gift suggestions as the holiday season nears.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Started as a hobby, Isabella's Beads is owned and operated by me, Mariealena Calabrese. After realizing that beading was more of a passion rather than just a hobby, I wanted to share my creations with everyone. I recently gave birth to my first child, my daughter Isabella Rose. I started Isabella's Beads with the hope that when she grows older she will have a successful, reputable business for herself. One thing I pride myself on is the fact that I am committed to outstanding customer service. 100% satisfaction is guaranteed! I hope you enjoy your jewelry as much as I enjoy making it.