Sunday, October 12, 2008

Welcome to my blog!


Hello!

Welcome to my blog. I am Mariealena Calabrese, owner of Isabella’s Beads. I design and make all the handmade beaded jewelry you see in my store. I hope this blog helps you to know me better, and I hope through your comments to get to know you, too.

I am passionate about my handmade beaded jewelry—as you might expect. I love searching for new and unusual beads, combining them with the best fastenings and stringing materials, and producing uniquely designed jewelry for you to wear.

I am even more passionate about my daughter, Isabella Rose. I named my business for her. My handmade beaded jewelry allows me to stay at home with Isabella and still build for her future. All the profit from my beaded jewelry goes to her, and it is my hope that this business will bring her profit for years to come.

I have a very special design project in mind right now. It will be in honor of a new addition to our family. Yes, I am expecting a baby in December! It is a boy, and we plan to name him John, after his father, grandfather and great-grandfather. In honor of John IV, and Isabella Rose, I am designing a Mommy bracelet.

Of all the handmade beaded jewelry I design, the Mommy bracelet is most special. I do not want to rush any aspect of the design. But when it is complete it will be available for you to see and buy here at Isabella’s Beads.

Since there will be four of us soon, we decided to buy a small second home in Connecticut. Then, when we visit John’s parents, we will have room for all of us. And, the babies will not disturb their grandparents during the night.

We finally found what we were looking for, and now are deciding which furniture to have in which house. So much to decide!

Creating handmade beaded jewelry involves many decisions, too. Even when I have a vision of the finished piece to begin with, the end result may be quite different. Would the piece look better with the luminous depths of cat’s eye or the sparkle of Swarovski® crystals? Can I find a better color combination to express my feeling of joy?

I hope you will enjoy this blog as it develops. I want Isabella’s Beads to be a welcoming site for you. I would love to read your comments—and please, if you have any questions about my handmade jewelry, the beads and fittings I use or even my creative process—don’t hesitate to ask!

Ciao!
Mariealena

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Started as a hobby, Isabella's Beads is owned and operated by me, Mariealena Calabrese. After realizing that beading was more of a passion rather than just a hobby, I wanted to share my creations with everyone. I recently gave birth to my first child, my daughter Isabella Rose. I started Isabella's Beads with the hope that when she grows older she will have a successful, reputable business for herself. One thing I pride myself on is the fact that I am committed to outstanding customer service. 100% satisfaction is guaranteed! I hope you enjoy your jewelry as much as I enjoy making it.