Thursday, November 27, 2008

Featured Guest Jewelers!

I would like to tell you about a section of the site that has been in progress for a while now. It is the "Guest Jewelers" section, and it is where I feature the works of other talented artists that I have met in this industry. I am starting December off with a bang, and I am going to introduce you to three new artists. The first artist that I am proud to present to you is Janice Kuhm of Darkmere Designs.

Janice says: "I formed Darkmere Designs in 2000 selling my designs in the Medieval Recreation and Renaissance markets. In 2004 I received an award for my work in wire knitting and chains. Art has always been in my life from music to jewelry. I have been involved in some form of art since I was a child. After receiving a diploma from Brooks College in Fashion Merchandising, I worked in administration at several different companies before going back to college to earn my Bachelors Degree in Business. At that time I was becoming active in medieval recreation and took a class in wire jewelry. I enjoyed the class so much I started taking more classes through a local craft shop, including soldering, fabricating, weaving and chains.

My designs currently focus on wire work, including chain making, knitting and weaving. I work mostly in Sterling Silver and 14kt Gold-filled, although I would eventually like to work in other metals as well."

Here are some examples of Janice's work.





These items will be available for sale for a limited time so if you see something that catches your eye, please don't hesitate to make your purchase. There has been a lot of interest on the part of various artists to participate in this venture, so hopefully I will be featuring new artists every month.

Our second featured artist for the month is Rachael Swiss. Rachael writes, "I have been making jewelry since I was a child. I have been working in the jewelry business as a designer and merchandiser for private companies since 2003 and my work with them (mostly gold, silver, diamonds, and other stones) can be found all over in major department stores throughout the united states. I believe that jewelry is a form of expression and should be worn to bring out the beauty in one's self."



And, last but not least is Sophia Waddell. Sophia Clark Waddell has immersed herself in both the performing and fine arts since birth - her latest creation is Art Intervention. Having made jewelry and taken photographs for as long as she can remember, Sophia is excited about helping customers bring handcrafted, personalized, and functional pieces of art into their every day lives.

Sophia is happy to work with you and your imagination to create the perfect piece of jewelry, or capture that special moment in time and space.



I love having the opportunity to showcase the various styles of each of these artists. All of these items, and much more will be available in my store for you to purchase starting on December 1st in the Guest Jewelers section, so don't forget to check them out!

The most recent additions to my store have been of the Sterling silver and CZ rings and anklets, along with Millefiori and Millecreli earrings and rings. You can purchase these items separately or as a set, and purchasing them as a set will afford you a discounted price.



We've added a few new pendants and gemstone rings as well to both the Men and Women's Collections.

Onyx and Sterling pendant


Onyx and Sterling ring

Stay tuned in the next few days for more items from our featured artists. Make sure you look in our new Guest Jewelers section for their items starting December 1st. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I wish you a joyous remainder of the 2008-year!

Ciao!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Started as a hobby, Isabella's Beads is owned and operated by me, Mariealena Calabrese. After realizing that beading was more of a passion rather than just a hobby, I wanted to share my creations with everyone. I recently gave birth to my first child, my daughter Isabella Rose. I started Isabella's Beads with the hope that when she grows older she will have a successful, reputable business for herself. One thing I pride myself on is the fact that I am committed to outstanding customer service. 100% satisfaction is guaranteed! I hope you enjoy your jewelry as much as I enjoy making it.