Friday, November 21, 2008

Swarovski® Crystal Pendant Necklaces

Before I introduce the new crystal pieces I want to preface this blog with one more glass bead necklace. For those of you who have been reading you know that lately I have been focusing on Lisa Atchison's glass beads. As I've stated before they are remarkable, one-of-a-kind beads unlike anything that I have ever seen. In most cases the pictures do not do the beads justice. Please review previous blogs for my most recent creations. I will introduce one new piece to you where I used the combination of a copper mesh necklace along with one of Lisa's electroformed leaf beads.


This necklace is comprised of fine, Italian brass mesh. There is a 3mm leatherette cord inserted into copper-colored brass mesh for durability. The necklace measures 18" in length and is terminated with a lobster claw clasp. I used copper findings, and pure copper wire to make the handmade bail from which the beautiful, ocean-colored bead is suspended. As you view both photos of the bead itself, notice that the bead is only electroformed with a leaf on one side, which adds to its versatility.

Back of Bead

Front of Bead

OK, now for the crystal. First I'll begin very quickly with the introduction of the "more classy" version of the Christmas tree earrings. I featured the classic-colored tree earrings in a previous blog, which was a green crystal tree accented in red and silver. This new pair is made using clear Swarovski® crystals along with an aurum 2x crystal topper and Colorado topaz base. They dangle from fancy gold-plated ear wires. These adorable creations can be worn all season long so get yours now!





Swarovski® crystal is the finest crystal in the world. I absolutely LOVE what Swarovski® has done this season with their new pendants. Of course these are perfect for any occasion, but hey, the winter season is upon us and in celebration of it I offer you a Swarovski® snowflake pendant necklace!


This sparkling creation has a flat table and faceted edges. The light reflects brilliantly from this classic pendant. I have attached a sterling silver teardrop bail to the snowflake, which dangles from a 20" sterling silver textured loop chain. I terminated the chain with a sterling silver lobster claw clasp.
Also new this season is the 18mm flat-faced heart pendant. With the amazing sparkle only Swarovski® can create, the feminine heart drop has faceted, beveled edges and a smooth center. Stunning glacier blue color, the crystal ignites flashes of blue, green and yellow. I used a sterling silver ice pick heart bail, and attached it to a sterling silver Italian chain for instant elegance. Makes a fabulous gift for any occasion!


I have started working with a new medium. I am not sure if I like it yet as it is very new and extremely delicate, but I feel that the potential for creativeness using this product is just itching to burst through! This woven mesh originates as an extremely fine brass wire, loosely woven and anodized into a glorious color palette. It can be used to create a myriad of styles. Because this mesh is very fragile, it is recommended that it be used like a ribbon with beads strung on the outside only. However, I am a bit of a rebel and I decided to string beads, twist the mesh, and even fill the tube with pearls! (I feel like I just ripped off one of those "DO NOT REMOVE" mattress tags)


Close up of pearls in mesh

This is a David Christensen cane glass bead necklace with sterling silver accents and Swarovski® pearls strung on, and in the mesh tube. The black and white glass beads are from David's "Sophisticate Collection". These are the finest manufactured cane glass beads in the world. I featured his "Harvest Collection" beads on another necklace, which was featured in another blog a short while ago. This necklace is approximately 18" in length and is terminated with a tube-like lobster claw clasp.

Clasp

That's all for now. I am expecting the birth of our son on December 10th so I am trying to get as much completed and listed on my site, before he arrives! Happy Holidays to all :-D

Ciao!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Started as a hobby, Isabella's Beads is owned and operated by me, Mariealena Calabrese. After realizing that beading was more of a passion rather than just a hobby, I wanted to share my creations with everyone. I recently gave birth to my first child, my daughter Isabella Rose. I started Isabella's Beads with the hope that when she grows older she will have a successful, reputable business for herself. One thing I pride myself on is the fact that I am committed to outstanding customer service. 100% satisfaction is guaranteed! I hope you enjoy your jewelry as much as I enjoy making it.