Saturday, January 24, 2009

New Choker

I wanted to introduce you to a new piece that I've recently created. In past blogs I highly praised my friend Lisa Atchison of Touch of Glass designs for her amazing handmade glass beads. While hoarding all of the beads that I liked, I waited a long time before ever creating a piece using those beads, and when I did I used a design similar to that of Lisa's own designs (with her permission of course). However, when I saw this black and white bead for the first time I was inspired to create something vastly different from the other designs I had already made using her beads. Hence, the "Black Sea" choker was born.

I call it "Black Sea" because the whirling waves in the bead along with the contrast of white used intermittently in the bead reminds me of an ocean wave in the dark of night. Along with this beautiful, sophisticated bead I used Swarovski crystal mystic black round and pear shaped pearls to complete the choker. The sides of the focal bead are accented with Sterling silver stardust beads, which bring out the CZ stones that Lisa incorporated into her creation of the bead. The choker is terminated with a silver filigree clasp and measures approximately 16" in length. This is a one of a kind design. While there will be others that could look similar, due to the fact that no glass bead can ever be exactly duplicated this is an original!



Please click on the picture below to see a larger image of the bead. I hope that you'll leave your questions or comments on this design. I can't wait to make the next one!



In upcoming news, as the end of January is quickly approaching I am getting ready to introduce upcoming Featured Guest Jewelers for the month of February, and we have quite a few! All are talented each with unique designs, and I look forward to sharing their stories with you! If you would like to be a Featured Guest Designer on my site please E-mail me for details.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Started as a hobby, Isabella's Beads is owned and operated by me, Mariealena Calabrese. After realizing that beading was more of a passion rather than just a hobby, I wanted to share my creations with everyone. I recently gave birth to my first child, my daughter Isabella Rose. I started Isabella's Beads with the hope that when she grows older she will have a successful, reputable business for herself. One thing I pride myself on is the fact that I am committed to outstanding customer service. 100% satisfaction is guaranteed! I hope you enjoy your jewelry as much as I enjoy making it.